Quartz countertops are some of the most sought-after kitchen countertops in the market today. While there are a lot of other materials available such as marble and granite, the beauty and durability of quartz have been unmatched. They are made out of the highest quality engineered stones making them scratch-resistant and safe for food preparations. Homeowners have been opting to buy these countertops instead of the usual materials because their designs are versatile but do not require as much maintenance.
While quartz countertops are mostly known for their ability to withstand the usual wear and tear, there are still some things homeowners can do to maintain their luster and to keep them looking clean. Here are a few ways you can maintain your quartz countertops.
- Wipe Spills Immediately– Quartz is known to be non-porous, which means that they are stain-resistant. However, being stain resistant does not mean that your quartz countertops will be stain proof. It is usual for homeowners to spill drinks or other forms of liquid on their countertops. When this happens, you can easily wipe them off with paper towels or some sort of cloth to keep them looking clean.
- Protect from High Temperatures– Use mats or trivets to place your pots or hot pans on. Quartz countertops can usually withstand temperatures up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit, but they can be damaged with quick changes in temperature or also known as “thermal shock”. You can use coasters for your hot beverages or other drinks as well to prevent spills and stains.
- Use A Cutting Board– Quartz countertops are very durable and scratch-resistant. However, avoid cutting or chopping food directly on your quartz countertops as they can be damaged by forceful sharp objects.
- Avoid Harsh Cleaning Solutions– Quartz countertops are already non-porous and will only require a little bit of maintenance. Stay away from using harsh cleaning solutions such as bleach or other acidic agents to avoid any damage.
- Disinfect with Isopropyl Alcohol– Since your countertops will be used a lot, they will come into contact with a lot of germs and bacteria. You can disinfect them by spraying isopropyl alcohol. Let the rubbing alcohol stay for a little while before completely drying it off. You can also use this to wipe off any hard stains.
- Use Mild Soap and Water for Regular Cleaning– For the everyday cleaning of your quartz countertop, you can gently wipe them by using mild dish soap or detergent along with a soft cloth. You can use a little bit of warm water as well to kill any bacteria.
These are a few things you can do regularly to keep your quartz countertop looking fresh. When taken care of properly, quartz countertops can last up to 50 years. They are built to last through all the wear and tear of everyday cooking and meal preparations.
If you are thinking of having a quartz countertop installed in your kitchen, then visit bestkitchencountertops.com. Best Kitchen Countertops is the trusted company of many homeowners when it comes to getting new countertops. They offer high-quality services and can give you whatever type of countertop fits your kitchen. Contact them today at 800-581-6178 to learn more.