In case you are looking to buy a new countertop for your new home, you have to be critical about your choice of materials. Some kitchen countertops in Anaheim are more durable or resistant than the others because of the unique properties of the materials used. One of the most popular countertop materials in the market today are engineered stones.
What is an Engineered Stone?
Engineered stones are factory-made materials that possess similar physical features to that of a natural stone. However, engineered stones are created from crushed minerals that are bonded together using a special type of adhesive or resin. Some engineered stones have a high concentration of quartz crystals and are often used for manufacturing kitchen countertop slabs. Hence, quartz countertops are common examples of engineered stones.
Aside from their ability to emulate or even exceed the beauty of natural stones, more benefits can be enjoyed from installing engineered stones such as quartz countertops in Orange.
Here are some of its advantages and disadvantages:
- The price of an engineered stone countertop typically falls within the midrange category, just below the high-end natural stones.
- Companies that are manufacturing these kinds of materials are always keen on finding ways of improving their products. Continues innovations in technology might lead to the development of new variants of engineered stones, greatly increasing the number of choices in designs and other features.
- Engineered stones tend to have a predictable appearance. Your slab of stone will be identical to the sample you saw from the seller.
- Engineered stones are non-porous and don’t require any sealing services to be more heat and stain-resistant.
- The color and patterns of engineered stones might sometimes look too uniform, making them appear unnatural.
- Despite its durability and resistance from scratches, engineered stones can still be damaged, and repairing them can be a difficult task. Never neglect to take care of your countertop by cleaning it regularly and be mindful of the things that you put on its surface.
- Engineered stones, like other countertop materials, can be susceptible to extreme temperatures, cold and heat alike. While quartz countertops can still hold hot items like cookware, it is advisable to protect any counter surface with a trivet and cloth.
A kitchen countertop installation service is just as important as buying the right material. If you’re interested in installing a new kitchen countertop, visit our official website at https://bestkitchencountertops.com/appointment-form/ and schedule your appointment today! We can also let you visit our showroom by contacting us at 800-581-6178.